terça-feira, junho 12, 2012

Like A Broken Record

Not that I had that much dignity left anyway
Nor could I feign great surprise when she finally walked away

Yesterday’s lover will fall for another
and I wont stand in her way

But we already sang that song
and she’s already gone, gone, gone
and you’re starting to sound like a broken record

By the time we were done driving across Texas I was feeling kind of small
Yes, we’d stopped for some food when she picked up the dude from the rodeo

Ahoy California! We’re coming to join you
To pump that gasoline

But we already sang that song
and she’s already long gone, gone, gone
and we’re starting to soud like a broken record

Broken promises
Broken dreams
Broken marriages
Broken rings

Somewhere along the line I left the straight
For the arc of least resistance
And I‘m starting to sound like a broken record

Third verse the same as
The first verse the same on
The arc of least resistance
And I‘ve started to sound like a broken record

Not that I had that much dignity left anyway

(Lloyd Cole)





Etiquetas: